How to Use WhatsApp on PC without Smartphone 2019 – If you have tried WhatsApp on your PC, you may wonder about the stages on how to use WhatsApp on PC without smartphone.
If you are familiar with WhatsApp, big chances that you have tried it and you have used it for quite some time.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Use WhatsApp on PC without Smartphone 2019
How to Use WhatsApp on PC without Smartphone 2019
It is so easy to be in love with the app, mostly because of the handy features and the continuous development (including the handy updates) that the developer has made.
The WhatsApp Web (or the one that you can open and access on your PC) is another development that they have made – designed to improve user experience as well as making things better.
The Facts about WhatsApp
So, what’s so special about WhatsApp and why it is considered more popular than the other messenger apps?
It’s pretty safe to say that with around 750 users (actively), this app is pretty likable with stable performance. The reasons for such a positive favor are:
- The app is compatible with all kinds of operating systems and devices, such as Java, iOS, BlackBerry, and Nokia – even Google devices.
- The features are pretty complete and they are all fun to use. You can use the voice recording message, you can use the free video call or phone call, or you can use the stickers to make your text messages more communicative and funnier.
- All of the services are available for free. As long as you have an active internet connection, you won’t have to worry about anything.
- The app is continuously doing developments and updates – which always improve the performance and quality of the app itself.
Among the many developments that WhatsApp has made, the developer has finally decided to launch the PC version – or mostly known as the WhatsApp Web.
It is basically an extension to the mobile phone version. The web version will mirror messages, conversations, and all your activities done in the mobile phone.You can keep your conversations on the phone as well as the web.
Some people have tried the web version and most of their reviews are positive. However, it doesn’t hurt to know some of the facts as well as paying a detailed attention to some considerations.
- WhatsApp had stated in their official announcement that they would launch the app for Chrome browser only, but some people have tested it on Opera and it just works fine. It seems that as long as the browsers are based on the Chromium (which Opera is based on too), the web version will run smoothly.
- You will have to update the app to the latest version because it only works with the most current version. Updating it should be super easy as the update is always available at Play Store
- If you are about to use the web version, your mobile phone should always be connected to the internet. If not, then it just won’t work
- It is highly possible that iOS users won’t be able to use the web version because of Apple’s restrictions of iOS background multitasking.
Activating the WhatsApp Web
Here are some of the things you can do to activate the web version:
- Choose browsers with chromium based, such as Torch, Chrome, or Opera.
- Type in web.whatsapp.com
- If you have updated the app with the latest version, just go to Menu and click on WhatsApp Web
- By the time you click on it, the camera will automatically start. It is used to capture the QR Code
- If you have done so, you will be logged in automatically to the web version.
- Voila! You can start using it
No need to worry about the safety concern because it is completely secured. You can also go to Menu option in your mobile phone and choose WhatsApp web to see which browsers are connected to the mobile version.
In the event that you are using a shared PC, the option ‘Keep me signed in’ should be unchecked. It will ensure that no one else will be able to use your account whenever you log out from the web version.
Basically, the security features can be controlled from your phone and the web version will only follow suit. You only need to pay attention to the ‘Keep me signed in’ feature.
The Pros and Cons of Web Version
Before learning about how to use WhatsApp on PC without smartphone, it is wise to know some of the advantages of using the web version.
- For some people, typing on the computer is faster than the small buttons of the smartphone
- For files or documents, you can easily download them right away to your PC instead of to your smartphone memory. This will prevent double memory usage – which can also save up space on your mobile phone. Remember that the memory on the mobile phone is generally smaller than the one on the PC.
- You can expect the mirroring effect in between those two devices. You are allowed to view any live message or conversation on your PC while engaging in the mobile phone, and vice versa.
Despite the benefits, there are some possible flaws about this system:
- Your phone will have to stay connected to the internet when accessing the web version. If not, then the web client won’t work
- The web version isn’t available for Apple products with iOS operating system
Not everyone has the privilege or the money to own a mobile phone. In some cases, people may not have a smartphone and yet they want to gain the access to the messenger app.
Because of this factor, the methods of how to use WhatsApp on PC without smartphone are created. Moreover, not everyone is happy enough about using their smartphone and relate it to the web version. Yes, these kinds of people may be rare but they DO exist.
That’s why it doesn’t hurt to know how to activate the web version without a phone. You may be okay with the regular way (your phone is used to unlock the web client) but it doesn’t hurt to learn a thing or two, right?
Using the WhatsApp Web with Bluestack
If you have this one around, you won’t have to do illegal stuff – and you surely don’t have to jailbreak your device or tweak its system.
If you want to know how to use WhatsApp on PC without smartphone, using this emulator is one of the most possible ways.
Here are the stages to do so:
- Go to the emulator’s official page at bluestack.com. If you are there, you will need to download it first.
- After the download, you should be able to find the .exe format. Click on the file and extract it. Just wait because it does take time for the extraction
- Once the extraction is done, you will face a regular installation of the software. Just do it like usual.
- Open Bluestack. You may need to use your Google Account – it is a sort of verification stage to make sure that you get the app from the Play Store
- You will face the terms and condition section, which you will have to agree. If you encounter the section for credit card payment, simply skip it.
- The mobile interface for Bluestack is ready to use. You should be able to download any kind of app from the Play Store
- Look for WhatsApp Messenger. Once you get it, click on the option ‘Download’. Accept the terms to continue
- Wait for the download period to complete
- If it is done, don’t forget to open the WhatsApp app WITHIN the Bluestack.
- Because of that will be encounter the term and conditions, click agree.
- You can required to provide your mobile phone, provide the information
- You should get a message for the verification code. But if you don’t get one, you can request for a call
- That’s it! If you do everything correctly, you should be able to use the web version in your PC immediately without using the phone. At all.
Using the WhatsApp Web with YouWave
However, this emulator is only free for the first 10 days – after that, you will have to pay $20 for the license. You only make one-time payment, mind you.
However, if you don’t wish to buy the app, you can always change your system’s date and time to the time when you install the free trial version.
This will enable you to extend your usage’s period without having to pay anything. But don’t forget to change the time again to the real time so you can use the internet.
If you forget this matter, you may not be able to use your system for doing your regular activity. This may seem like a hassle, but it is one method of how to use WhatsApp on PC without smartphone without spending a dime.
And what about the stages to do it all?
- You should have a SIM card (with whatever device) that allows you to get the text messages (the sms). The SIM card will also function to register for the WhatsApp account and to get the verification code
- Go to YouWave official site.You should be able to do so from the search engine
- Download the app. and after that you can required to install it, just do it.
- Once you are done, you may be asked to launch the app. Again do it and wait. It takes a while for the application to load the system within your system
- While it loads, you will only see a black screen with codes running on it. Leave it be
- When it is already on the home screen, go to ‘View’. You can search the WhatsApp Messenger in Play Store.
- Just click on it to install
- When the action are finished, the app should already be installed within the emulator – the sign is that you should be able to see on the emulator screen. Click on it, and then input your number (from the SIM card you have prepared).
- The verification code will be sent to your device. You only need to input the code to the PC. If you see on your PC screen, there is a menu that asks you to input the code.
- That’s it. Once you do it, you should be able to use the web version without any hassle or fuss.
Special Considerations of How to Use WhatsApp on PC without Smartphone 2019
From these methods, the only way of how to use WhatsApp on PC without smartphone is to use the emulators. Some people say that you can use WhatsApp Web right away.
You only need to open the web site and arrange the WhatsApp app to be running on your device. However, this method still requires you to use your mobile phone.
You will have to perform a scan for the QR code by using the mobile phone. Without the mobile phone, this method won’t work.
Some people say that you can always use a third party app to activate and use the WhatsApp Web.
But then again, there isn’t enough evidence showing that someone has successfully used this kind of method. From many sources and websites, they are mostly using the emulators – which have shown successful outcome.
The most popular emulators are Bluestack, IntelAppUp, Wassap, and YouWave. Of course, if you know any other emulators that may deliver a fruitful outcome, you are welcome to try it.
It is advisable that you should stick to the already known methods to increase the chances of success. Don’t try doing any risky methods which can jeopardize your devices.
Both the smartphone and the laptops. Just play it safe. Follow the directions. And don’t try to stray away from the given methods.
Most importantly, don’t be a know-it-all – and you’ll just be fine! Now that you are already know some of the possible methods of how to use WhatsApp on PC without smartphone, which one will you try?